AVIL is an open source (GPL) interpreter (and programming language) originally designed to run on Arduino.
AVIL programs are just plain text files stored on a micro sd card, so you have GB's of space available!
AVIL's project was initially inspired by this project.
With AVIL you can:
- Read/Write digital I/O.
- Read inputs from serial or from via telnet.
- Write output to serial line or via ethernet.
- File operations (read, write, create, delete...).
- Easily create your custom instructions and call them from a progam.
- Transform your Arduino in a standalone terminal with an interactive shell.
- Transform your Arduino in a remote I/O board for your PC.
- Remotely upload/dowload files on your Arduino.
AVIL was created just for fun as a personal challenge, but I hope it could be useful in your project or that it will get you inspired for something new!
I'm not an english native speaking...so forgive my bad grammar or help me to improve this documentation!